Quality Assurance Manager
Manages quality programs and preventive control programs for the company. Provides and oversees QA technical support to multiple departments and operations within the facility. Ensures QA department meets compliance, customer, and company requirements including department goals and objectives.
· Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
· Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate test schedules, costs and resources.
· Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments, audits and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
· Troubleshoots quality issues that affect quality performance of all products by being involved in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions.
· Acts as liaison between Operation personnel and quality assurance team in meeting with all established programs.
· Establishes and maintains policy for documentation/record keeping of all products.
· Assures the review of documentation before is sent out to external customers.
· Manages all quality-related internal and external audits, including customers, SQF, and other third parties for the company.
· Assures an effective HACCP / Food Safety Plan is in place with an active and functional Food Safety Team.
· Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
· Maintains product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
· Anticipates product release delays and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
· Investigates customer complaints and analyzes customer feedback to improve the quality and performance of the organization.
· Understands to a high level all operational phases of the company to better implement new programs and manage all process controls effectively.
· Monitors and audits Quality Programs for effectiveness.
· Orchestrates the delivery of Quality Programs to different departments.
· Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
· Supports the planning and execution of new product development efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
· Develops quality control and assurance plans or process controls that will ensure production of finished products that meet company’s standards.
· Coordinates and directs inspection and testing procedures for raw materials, processes and finished goods.
· Designs and develops a functional and operational laboratory with standards for quality, food safety and scientific testing.
· Develops implements and monitors policies and procedures for raw material vendor inspection.
· Manage the design and implementation of quality related training for QA/QC and plant personnel in performing required tests, decision-making skills, statistical process control and GMP and housekeeping standards.
· Design and implement review process to ensure HACCP, SOP’s and SSOP’s manuals and practices are up to date and in compliance. Active participant in direction and goals for company product quality, food safety, HACCP, GMP’s, SOP’s, SSOP’s, laboratory, facility and equipment sanitation standards and pest control.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment, and be familiar with quality assurance principles, statistics, HACCP and SQF standard. Must be experienced working with computers and designated software programs as required to perform job functions. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and the organization. Must be able to supervise.