SOPAKCO’s New Multi-Million Dollar Production Facility
Capability and capacity for quick market entry
In 2009, SOPAKCO opened a new multi-million dollar food processing and packaging facility in Mullins, S.C., to provide consumer products companies, brand owners, retailers and institutional customers with rapid entry into the fast growing shelf-stable, heat-and-serve meal market.
new plantTurnkey solutions include custom developed microwaveable meals in semi-rigid plastic bowls, trays and retort pouches. SOPAKCO provides everything from recipe formulation and food processing to packaging and distribution. With three production facilities and distribution centers on the east and west coasts, we have the capabilities and the capacity to fulfill the requirements of virtually any North American customer.
We’re experts in retort processing for shelf stable foods in other formats including:
- State-of-the-art research and development lab
- Test kitchen and pilot plant
- Automated batch and blending
- Volumetric filling and form/fill/seal equipment
- High-speed bowl filling lines
- High volume retort chambers
- Automated packaging lines
- Electronic digital inspection systems
- Magnetizers, in-line and end-of-line metal detectors
- East and West coast warehouses
- Access to Interstates 95, 20, 26, 77, and 85
SOPAKCO has on-site USDA facilities and holds certifications in kosher, Halal and organic food processing.